logo.gif
main   about us   events   partners   gallery   forum   blog   mailing list
line.gif

HPNG

The Hispanic Professionals Networking Groups seeks to increase the visibility of Hispanic business professionals by fostering a great unity through networking opportunities. NEW YORK * MIAMI

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Leadership and Goals

Today's the day. HPNG welcomes Milton Olave of Exito Latino.

Sure he's enthusiastic, and People en Español profiled him and Telefutura's Felipe Viel, but how effective are their strategies really?

Here are my thoughts: Leadership is about goals. Granted when the bar was low, life was nice and easy. But I guess as I got older, my ideas changed and I wanted tangible results for my efforts.

Courage, as I once told para-mi magazine, it's not about not being afraid, it's about moving ahead despite your fears. Courage = Guts.

The same way, leadership are goals. Without a specific goal to make something happen, it won't move forward. Leadership includes accountability of self (if you have the courage to accept it).

Complicated, sure. I guess it doesn't have to be, but I'm still sorting it all out. That's where Milton comes in.

I'm a believer in self-improvement, self-development, (blah, blah, blah...) but without an actual, measurable goal, it's just a belief.

To imbed the ideas in your head and your soul is what makes the difference between achieving and dreaming.

Granted, I still can't believe anyone can be that enthusiastic about everything the way Milton is, but maybe there's something to that after all. We'll find out.

BTW, I'm hosting tonight's event. It's been like six months since I last did it, so I was due for a turn.

What are your thoughts on leadership? Comments are welcome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home